POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Glowing of UDOs : Re: Glowing of UDOs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing of UDOs
From: ryan constantine
Date: 11 Sep 2000 14:51:20
Message: <39BD293C.FFD13101@yahoo.com>
is your new object hollow?  even so it might not work because it isn't a
solid.  that's just a guess.  something you could try is manually
editing the pov file once you've finished doing what you need to in
moray and adding either the looks_like or double_illuminate key words.
that second one is megapov only.  this may not give you the same
results.  one last thing you can try is this:  open the mesh file (i
assume the export from rhino is a mesh) and add the inside_vector
keyword to the object you want to be the light, then add the hollow
keyword.  if your export from rhino was in patches, this won't work.
why didn't you model the light sourse in moray with csg?  it's posible
to make quite complex objects with csg you know.